Vintage Year Birthday Wine Bottle Card 1987
Vintage Year Card 1987 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, fact about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1987 Vintage. The best hand-picked birthday wishes
Inside Text: From the vine...
- The first known reference to a specific vintage was made by Roman scientist Pliny the Elder, who rated the wines of 121 B.C. "of the highest excellence".
- There are more than 60 wines producing upwards of 35 billion bottles a year.
- Bouquet is the total smell of the wine.
- Aroma is the smell of the grapes.
- Nose is a word that wine tasters use to describe the bouquet and aroma of the wine.
- Ronald Reagan is President.
- George H. Bush is Vice-President.
- Van Gogh's Irises is auctioned for a record $53.9 million.
- Baby Jessica McClure is pulled from a Texas well after a 57-hour fight for survival.
- It is a career year for a beer-selling dog named Spuds MacKenzie and Reeboks.
- The annual cost of a Yale education is $17,020.
- Married With Children & The Simpsons debut on Tv.
- In the movies -- Fatal Attraction; Wall Street; Good Morning, Vietnam; Platoon; Full Metal Jacket.
- George Michael's Faith is #1 hit of the year.
- Hot toys -- Koosh balls, Jenga, Couch Potato Dolls and Talking Pee WEe Herman Dolls.
- Julius "Dr. J" Irving retires, ending a 16-year basketball career.
- Also born in 1987--Joss Stone, Maria Sharapova, Hilary Duff, Aaron Carter.
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)