Vintage Year Birthday Wine Bottle Card 1974
Vintage Year Card 1974 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, fact about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1974 Vintage. The best hand-picked birthday wishes
Inside Text: From the Vine...
- The first known reference to a specific vintage was made by Roman scientist Pliny the Elder, who rated the wines of 121 B.C. "of the highest excellence".
- There are more than 60 wines producing upwards of 35 billion bottles a year.
- Bouquet is the total smell of the wine.
- Aroma is the smell of the grapes.
- Nose is a word that wine tasters use to describe the bouquet and aroma of the wine.
- Gerald R. Ford becomes President after Nixon announces his resignation.
- Nelson A. Rockefeller is Vice-President.
- The speed limit is lowered to 55 mph to save gas.
- Patty Hearst is abducted.
- Baryshnikov, the Soviet ballet star, defects.
- A Brooks Brother "346" suit costs $150.00; a Smokey The Bear doll, $4.94.
- The pocket calculator is marketed.
- People Magazine is launched by Time, Inc.
- The UPC (Universal Product Code) is designed for the supermarket industry,.
- Streaking reaches a peak.
- The Sears Tower is completed.
- I Shot the Sheriff and the night in Chicago died are musical hits.
- All in the family and Mary Tyler Moore appear every Saturday night on CBS.
- Hank Aaron hits his 715th homerun, breaking Babe Ruth's 47 year-old record.
- Also born in 1947-- Kate Moss, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Jewel, Justin Whalin, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Leonardo Di Caprio
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)