Vintage Year Birthday Wine Bottle Card 1964
Vintage Year Birthday Card 1964 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, facts about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1964 Vintage. The best hand-picked birthday wishes
Inside Text: From the Vine... In 1668, a monk named Dom Perignon was appointed treasurer of Hautvillers Abbey in the Champagne region of France. The Abbey wanted to develop its wine trade and felt Dom Perignon was the man who could achieve that goal. Dom Perignon studied wines to discover the best ways to preserve them without losing their flavors or textures. He developed the following rules to ensure a good vintage: 1. use only Pinot Noir; 2. prune the vines so that they will grow no higher than three feet; 3. keep the grapes intact during harvest, and work in as cool weather as possible; 4. do not tread the grapes and be sure none of their skin ends up in the juice.
- Lydon Baines Johnson is President
- Hubert H. Humphrey is Vice-President
- Shea Stadium and the NY World's Fair opens
- Ford's new Mustang costs $2,368; gasoline, 30.3 cents/gallon
- The Beatles invade America and appear on the Ed Sullivan Show
- In-flight movies entertain airline passengers
- The toy soldier, GI Joe, is introduced by Hasbro
- Baby Love and Stop In The Name of Love are hits. Mary Poppins, and Goldfinger are in the movies. Hello Dolly, and Fiddler On The Roof are on stage.
- Cassius Clay wins the Heavyweight Boxing title
- Also born in 1964--Nicolas Cage, Matt Dillon, Prince Edward, Rob Lowe, Courteney Cox.
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)