Vintage Year Birthday Wine Card 1950
Vintage Year Birthday Card 1950 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, fact about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1950 Vintage. The best hand-picked birthday wishes
Inside Text: From the Vine... Contact with air, or "oxidization", spoils wine and is caused when a wine has been open for too long, has an ill-fitting cork or is simply too old. It is easy to spot on the nose, the wine will have a sherry-like smell and will taste dull and lifeless. Red wines will be dull brown in color and white wines will turn a tawny or brown color. Opened bottle of wine have a very limited lifespan ranging from overnight to one month
- Harry S. Truman is President
- Alben W. Barkley is Vice-President
- Senator McCarthy's Communist witch-hunt begins in earnest
- Sorry Boardgame costs $2.50; a bicycle, $44.95.
- The first color television sets entertain viewers
- Diner's Club introduces its credit card
- The new Cadillac features a curved one piece windshield. Otis Elevator installs an elevator with self-opening doors. Drive-in movies grow rapidly in popularity
- South Pacific, Peter Pan and Guys And Dolls are on broadway. The Milton Berle Show and Burns and Allen are on Tv. Charles Schulz creates the comic strip Peanuts
- Also born in 1950--Morgan Fairchild, Natalie Cole, David Cassidy, Julius Erving (Dr.J), Stevie Wonder, Bill Murray, Ed harris, Tom Petty.
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)