Vintage Year Birthday Wine Bottle Card 1947
Vintage Year Birthday Card 1947 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, fact about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1947 Vintage. The best hand-picked birthday wishes
Inside Text: From the Vine... A sommelier (pronounced "som-el-yay") is a French term for a wine specialist. Usually associated with restaurants, a sommelier's job is to advise patrons on wine selections and to be able to describe certain characteristics of every wine on the establishment's list. Then they should be able to present the wine and serve it properly. Other job responsibilities include buying wines for the establishment and keeping the cellar stocked.
- Harry S. Truman is Present
- England's Princess Elizabeth weds Prince Philip
- The Dead Sea Scrolls are uncovered
- A portable phonograph costs $27.50. a bicycle, 444.95
- Reddi-Whip whipped cream and ajax cleaner are first marketed
- On TV--Howdy Doody, the Roller Derby and wrestler Gorgeous George
- Anne Frank's Diary Of A Young Girl and Tennessee Williams' A Streetcar Named Desire are published
- An ailing Babe Ruth thanks fans at a Yankee Stadium tribute
- Also born in 1947--Farrah Fawcett, Billy Crystal, Jaclyn Smith, David Letterman, Carlos Santana, Stephen King, Steven Speilberg.
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)