Vintage Year Birthday Wine Bottle Card 1940
Vintage Year Birthday Card 1940 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, facts about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1940 Vintage. Aged to perfection
Inside Text: From the Vine... With age, red wines tend to lose color, eventually ending up a sort of brick red; white wines, conversely, gain color, becoming golden and eventually browny-yellow. If you tilt your glass over a white background and look at the edge, or rim, of the curve of wine, you can get an idea of how mature it is: On a mature red wine, the rim will be fading. On a very young red the color will be dark and intense right to the very edge.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt is President
- John Nance Garner is Vice-President
- The 40-hour work week begins and the first Social Security checks are issued
- A power mower costs $79.50; a bicycle, $29.45. Goodyear Dow Corporation is formed
- Glenn Miller's In The Mood hits #1 for 12 weeks
- On the radio: The Shadow, Gangbusters, Fibber Mc Gee & Molly, The Jack Benny Show
- In the movies: Mae West and W.C. Fields in My Little Chickadee, Disney's Fantasia and Pinocchio, Hope, Crosby and Lamour star in The Road to Singapore.
- Also born in 1940--Fran Tarkenton, Ted Koppel, Al Pacino, Tom Jones, Ringo Starr, Don Imus, Martin Sheen, John Lennon.
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)