Vintage Year Birthday Wine Bottle Card 1934
Vintage Year Birthday Card 1934 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, facts about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1934 Vintage. Aged to perfection
Inside Text: From the Vine... When checking the smell of wine, swirl the wine in the glass to increase the surface area exposure to the air. This helps it evolve. Take a quick sniff. If corked, the wine should have a musty smell. The more intense the nose, the more likely the grapes were grown in a hot climate and the level of sugar and therefore alcohol is higher. Older wines tend to smell more savory and spicy, less of fruit; younger wines tend to smell more of fruit.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt is President
- John Nance Garner is Vice-President
- John Dillinger, public enemy #1, and Bonnie and Clyde are shot by the FBI.
- Kool Mild Menthol Cigarettes cost 15 cents; Ingersoll Mickey Mouse watch, $2.95
- Seagram's 7 Crown Whiskey and Royal Crown Cola hit the market.
- Al Capp creates the comic strip L'il Abner.
- Shirley Temple stars in Bright Eyes and sings "On The Good Ship Lollipop'
- "King of Swing" Benny Goodman organizes one of the first swing bands.
- Max Baer KO's Primo Carnera for the Heavyweight title.
- Also born in 1934--Shari Lewis, Hank Aaron, Sam Donaldson, Shirley MacLaine.
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)