Vintage Year Birthday Wine Card 1930
Vintage Year Birthday Card 1930 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, facts about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1930 Vintage. The best hand-picked birthday wishes
Inside Text: From the Vine... Cork comes from cork oak trees which like a Mediterranean climate. When the tree is mature, the bark is stripped every nine to ten years. After leaving the bark to dry, corks are cut from it as if coring an apple. Wine is stored on its side to prevent the cork from it as if coring an apple. Wine is stored on its side to prevent the cork from drying out. When a cork fries out, it can shrink and allow air into the bottle.
- Herbert Clark Hoover is President
- Charles Curtis is Vice-President
- Amelia Earhart sets the aviation record for women at 171 mph.
- Plans are submitted for Rockefeller center; construction begins on the BoulderDam.
- The cost of a portable phonograph, $19.95; an Elgin bicycle, $32.25
- Frozen food processed by Clarence Birdeye hits the commercial market
- Grant Wood exhibits "American Gothic"
- The Marx Brothers star in the comedy film Animal Crackers. Grata Garbo's first talkie, Anna Christine, is released
- Dashiell Hammett publishes the Maltese Falcon introducing Sam Spade
- Golfer Bobby Jones is the first to win the US Amateur British Open, British Amateur and the US Open.
- Also born in 1930--Soupy Sales, Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, Ray Charles, Jack Lord.
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)