Vintage Year Birthday Wine Bottle Card 1970
Vintage Year Card 1970 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, fact about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1970 Vintage aged to perfection. Happy Birthday
Inside Text: From the Vine... Pruning the vines enables the grower to control the size and shape of the vines, as well as the number of buds that will develop the following year. Too many buds on a vine may stress nutrient availability, reducing the quality of the future harvest. In modern wine production, the grapes are harvested from the vineyards and taken to a destemmer-crusher that separates the fruit from the stems and cracks the berries open to release the juice.
- Richard M. Nixon is President.
- Spiro T. Agnew is Vice-President
- Apollo 13 runs into technical problems. Astronauts safely return to Earth.
- The Beatles, split. Voting age is reduced to 18.
- Cigarette ads in radio and TV are banned.
- Eggs cost 61 cent/dozen; film $5.89/roll; a stereo, 4119.95.
- The picture phone by Bell Telephone is unveiled
- Amtrak is created
- M*A*S*H starring Donald Sutherland and Elliot Gould is black comedy at its best.
- Airport and Catch-22 are in the movies.
- The Candy Man, Let It Be and Everything Is Beautiful are musical hits.
- Company and Applause are on Broadway
- Doonesbury makes its debut
- Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium opens.
- Also born in 1970--Rick Schroeder, Malcom-Jamal Warner, Deborah Gibson, Kirk Cameron
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)