Vintage Year Birthday Wine Bottle Card 1961
Vintage Year Card 1961 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, fact about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1961 Vintage aged to perfection. Happy BIrthday
Inside Text: From the Vine... In ancient times, wine was stored in a clay vase called an amphora. The typical amphora looked like a root vegetable with a long neck. The bottom was never flat rather it was pointed or knob-like. Amphora's had special stands, usually tripods. Both the amphora and its tripod were sturdy enough to survive sea voyages, which facilitated the trade of wine throughout the Mediterranean. The amphora also kept wine for long periods of time if properly sealed and was critical to the advancement of the wine trade.
- John F. Kennedy becomes the youngest and first Catholic President, and sets a national goal of landing a man on the moon in this decade.
- Alan B. Shepard Jr. becomes the first American in space. The Berlin Wall is built.
- A Chevy Corvair costs $2,850.00; a phonograph, $164.95
- IBM Selectric typewriter is introduced.
- The non-diary creamer is unveiled
- Moon River, The Lion Sleeps Tonight and Run Around Sue are muscial hits.
- Breakfast at Tiffany's, West Side Story and 101 Dalmations are in the movies.
- Roger Maris hits his 61st homerun, breaking Babe Ruth's record.
- Also born in 1961--Wayne Gretzky, Eddie Murphy, George Clooney, Michael J. Fox, Lady Diana (princess of Wales)
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)