Vintage Year Birthday Wine Bottle Card 1958
Vintage Year Card 1958 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, fact about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1958 Vintage aged to perfection. Happy BIrthday
Inside Text: From the Vine... A varietal wine is named after the grape from which it is made, such as Pinot Noir. To name a wine after the grape, it must contain at least 75% of that varietal. If a label is vintage dated, 95% off all grapes used to make the wine must have been picked that year. A vine doesn't usually produce grapes suitable for winemaking until the third year. On average, it takes 30 pounds of grapes to produce one case of wine.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower is President
- Richard M. Nixon is Vice-President
- NASA is established. Nautilus makes the first underwater crossing of the North Pole
- Elvis Presley is drafted into the US Army.
- NY Giants and the Brooklyn Dodgers move to California
- A Ford Thunderbird costs $3,631.00; gasoline, 30.4 cents/gallon average
- New to the market: The Pizza Hut, Sweet 'n' Low, Ford's Edsel, BankAmericard's credit card and Xerox's first commercial copying machine
- Dr. Zhivago, Breakfast At Tiffany's and Exodus are published
- Satin Doll, Peggy Sue, The Chipmunk Song and Sugartime are muscial hits
- On TV, Michael Landon is Little Joe on Bonanza.
- Also born in 1958--Lorenzo Lamas, Alec Baldwin, Mary Decker, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Jamie Lee Curtis.
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)