Vintage Year Birthday Wine Bottle Card 1933
Vintage Year Birthday Card 1933 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, facts about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1933 Vintage. The best hand-picked birthday wishes
Inside Text: From the Vine... The French Huguenots established colonies in Jacksonville, Florida, in 1562, and produced wine using the wild Scuppernong grape. Evidence indicates that there was a flourishing wine industry in 1609 at the site of the early Jamestown settlements. In 2004 an old wine cellar was discovered in Jamestown with an empty bottle dating back to the 17th century.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt is President.
- John Nance Garner is Vice-President
- FDR begins his radio "fireside chats"
- Gasoline costs 18 cents/gallon; an Underwood typewriter business
- Ritz Crackers are introduced by National Biscuit Co.
- The first drive-in movie theater opens in Camden, NJ
- Mae West utters her classic line "Come up and see me sometimes"
- 42nd Street, The Gold Differs of 1933, Footlight Parade, The Invisible Man and King Kong are in theaters. Easter Parade, Heat Wave, Smoke Gets In Your Eyes and Stormy Weathers are popular songs.
- The first All-Star Baseball Game is played at Comiskey Field.
- Also born in 1933--Sheree North, Chita Rivera, Joan Collins.
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)