Vintage Year Birthday Wine Bottle Card 1923
Vintage Year Birthday Card 1923 Wine Bottle. Each card contains intricate foil, facts about wine and a brief history of what happened the year you were born!
Front Text: Happy Birthday 1923 Vintage. The best hand-picked birthday wishes
Inside Text: From the Vine... In Greek mythology, the first vine was planted by Orestheus, one of the children of the only couple allowed to survive the great flood sent by Zeus to punish the wicked human race. The first cultivated grape pips (seeds) were excavated by archeologist by the Black Sea. Genesis tells of Noah planting a vineyard as soon as the Ark had come to rest on dry land.
- Warren G. Harding is President. He dies in office and is replaced by Calvin Coolidge
- The vaccine for tuberculosis and an antitoxin for scarlet fever are developed
- An all steel refrigerator will cost you $56.95; a waffle iron, $4.00
- The Popsicle is patented under the name Epsicle. Time magazine begins publication
- Butterfingers candy bar is released by dropping parachuted bars from an airplane
- Parade of the Wooden Soldiers is the #1 song of the year
- Cecil B. DeMille releases the Biblical spectacle The Ten Commandments.
- Enrigue Triboschi of Argentina swims the English Channel in 16 hr. 33 min.
- Also born in 1923-- Carol Channing, Ed MacMahon, Ann Miller, Rocky Marciano, Henry Kissinger, Bob Dole, Esther Williams.
Back Text: Life's Essence. Go ahead, indulge yourself with the finest in birthday wishes for that special moment when another year doesn't mean getting older, it means again gracefully. Birthday Wishes 100% by Volume. You can recycle this card, but we prefer you keep it forever. Printed in Canada
Card size: 9 3/16" high by 3 1/8" wide (letter size)